Storage water heater systems are multipoint systems that provide hot water for more than one outlet in the household. Whereas, Instant water heaters are single point system that provide hot water for a single outlet of use. Storage water heater systems are needed for Bathtubs, Jacuzzi's, Rainshowers, Mixer taps, Sink, Kitchen or Washing machine. Instant water heater system only provides hot water for shower only. House piping is essential for a successful installation of your unit, therefore, do ensure double pipings are ready for your storage water heater and single piping for your instant water heater system.
It is relatively compact. It even fits between wall studs. Without the usual size of restraint of a conventional storage water heater, the instant water heater can be installed almost anywhere. Making it easy to install closer to you where you need hot water, permitting prompt arrival of hot water to your shower, sink, or washing machine (this can also save you on piping for new construction). etc.
Its small size is perfect for limited space applications, such as vacation homes, mobile or modular, offices.
When there is a demand for hot water by turning on the stop valve (e.g. when taking a shower) the instant water heater’s water flow switch senses the flow and starts the heating process. Water is heated to the desired temperature as it circulates through the copper heat exchanger providing continuous hot water. When the stop valve is turned off, the instant water heater shuts down.
The main advantages of instant water heaters are a continuous flow of hot water and energy savings (as compared to a limited flow of continuously heating hot water from conventional storage water heaters). Minimizes energy costs by providing hot water only when necessary
Please check that the electrical supply to the heater is switched on. Check that the green light on the water heater is lighted up. Instant water heater: Turn on the stop valve and the red light will light up with water flowing out from the shower head. Storage water heater: Check that the storage water heater has a red light turned. If you still do not have hot water, call us at our hotline. Tel: +97142255049 and warranty card is important
1. Raining seasons – Incoming water supply will be cooler compare to normal day thus causing a drop in output temperature.
Turn the temperature control knob to max and reduce water flow rate by
– turn the stop valve’s regulator to a lower flow,
– turn pump speed control to lower speed.
2. Too much water flow, high water pressure (more than 40 psi) means higher flow rate or drop in power supply’s voltage. Mains voltage supply too low- below 200 Vac.
*In general, higher water flow rate and low power input (fluctuation of voltage) will cause lower output temperature.
3. Different hand shower set is used other than the one supplied by the manufacturer.
Use only hand shower supplied from manufacturer, which hand shower design with a low flow rate of water.
4. Loose wiring connection or supply point faulty.
Check / tighten wiring connections at all 6 areas of terminal blocks.
When the water pressure supplied to water heater is too high, especially for water storage heaters, it can cause the pressure relief valve to release the high pressure through the overflow pipe. Please call the building management personnel to find the cause of this high pressure. High water pressure can cause unnecessary water leakage.
It is a safety device that will conduct a self-test everytime the heater is switched on. The device will run a self-test on the internal circuit to check if there is any current leakage on all electrical components & parts. The 5 indicator lights would turn Green to show that the system is safe for use. If a problem is detected, these indicator lights turn Red and blink, alerting you to call service or repair.
You can take endless hot showers with the hot water the Italisa instant water heater provides. Because it does not use a tank, there is no limit. You and your family can enjoy shower after shower without running out of hot water. And since the Italisa heats water only as it is drawn, you will also save on your water heating costs. You will save and have an endless supply of hot hater on demand.
It could be possible that your wiring problem such as MCB under size. Please check and rectify it with your wireman and if it still trips after being checked, that means there is something wrong with thermostat & heating element.
The term Dryburn is used to explain the problem of storage water heater electrical being switched on before water is filled within the tank causing the heating element or thermofius to burn. The copper heating element is to heat up the water like any element in the kettle. It's important to ensure that the tank is full of water to ensure heating element is always immersed in the water to avoid it from dryburn. Upon experiencing water shortage, please switch off your electrical supply to your storage water heater.
Problems in installation normally arise from wrong installation or wiring problems. Please read the instruction manual carefully before performing any installation. Inlets and outlets must be on the correct side and ensure that water supply is on and there is proper electrical supply to the heater before turning on the water heater.
1. Dirt particles blocking filter at inlet stop valve.
Remove filter at inlet stop valve and clean.
2. Dirt particles blocking hand shower spray.
Rub hand shower rubber nozzle to remove dirt particles. *this procedure must be made with water spraying out from hand shower.
3. Interrupted Water Supply.
Check whether the water supply is available, by taking out inlet stop valve connection and check if water supply is available.
4. Incoming water supply stop valve, service valve turned off.
Turn on stop valve & service valve.
5. Low water supply
Heater require minimum 2 liter per minute or 3 psi to activate flow switch.
6. Malfunctioning on Flow Switch (magnet jammed or reed switch failed).
Magnet jammed / dislocated. Replace with new part.
Reed Switch Failure. Replace with new part.
1.Interrupted of Power Supply.
Check if unit’s Built in ELCB trip, Mains Distribution Panel On/Off Switch turn off, Mains Distribution Panel’s ELCB Trip, or MCB Overloaded. Check other appliances sharing the same ground network has current leakage, which causing ELCB Trip.
2. Thermal Cut- Out 85 º C manual reset has operated.
Reset by pressing button of thermostat. Check root cause of thermal cut-out operated. 4 possibility: Magnet jammed, Reed Switch failure, EC Control board failure, Triac shorted. Replace the components one by one to troubleshoot.
3. Unit’s built in ELCB trips.
1. Check if current leakage is happening, where heating element burnt, L&E or N&E is connected, or L&N open circuit, replace if -necessary.
2. Check if the ELCB is struck by lightning (varistor blown), replace if necessary.
3. Check if the ELCB’s fuse is connected, replace if necessary.
1. Insufficient water flow, incoming water flow too low, which just able to activate the flow switch.
Dirt particles blocking hand shower spray, or dirt particles blocking filter at inlet stop valve. See 1.1 & 1.2 remedy.
2. Increase of incoming water temperature, where water cistern on roof top and it is exposed under the sun.
Turn the temperature control knob to minimum or off and increase water flow rate by
– turn the stop valve’s regulator to a maximum flow.
– turn pump speed control to maximum speed.
1.Earth wire in bad connection.
Check earth wire connection (by appointing a qualified electrician)
2. Other appliances sharing same earth network having current leakage.
Check other home appliances, whether current leakage has occur to other appliances in the house, which sharing the same earth network.
1. Heating element current leakage.
Replace heater tank.
2. Wrong wiring during installation or wiring faulty, Live wire touching Earth wire, or Neutral wire touching Earth wire.
Ensure wiring connection is correct and check for faulty wiring.