Italisa Water Heaters Warranty Terms and Conditions
- Italisa warrants to the original purchaser (“the Buyer”) that Italisa will, within the warranty periods specified below (“Warranty Period”) and in accordance with the subject to the following table, terms and conditions, eliminate any defects in the water heater resulting from faults in material or workmanship. To be eligible for the warranty, the Buyer must complete and submit the form of Warranty to Italisa within 14 days from the date of purchase. Proof of date of purchase may be required when making a claim under this warranty. This warranty is in respect of the water heater installed at the address stated in the Warranty letter of certification and shall under no circumstances be transferable or assignable to any third party.
(from date of certificate)
|All Internal Components
||Repair or at Joven’s sole discretion, replace without cost to the owner for material * or labour any internal component
||Instant water heaters Installed in a single – family domestic premises. Exclude commercial premises
||2nd – 5th year
||Repair or at italisa's sole discretion, replace the heating element* with installation /labour costs and transport the responsibility of the Buyer*
|Leak – proof inner cylinder
||Storage water heaters installed in a single – family domestic premises. Exclude commercial premises
||2nd – 10th year
||Repair or at Joven’s discretion replace the inner cylinder with installation / labour costs and transport the responsibility of the Buyer* All other parts such as heating element, thermostat, etc shall not be replaced.
- Italisa reserves the right to transfer fully functional components from any failed water heater to any replacement water heater, if required. Any component or part replaced shall become the property of Joven.
- The Buyer shall promptly report to Italisa within the Warranty Period any defects in the water heater resulting from faults in materials or workmanship. Italisa will repair or, at its option, replace any defective component or water heater which fails within the Warranty Period. All claims must be made within the respective Warranty Period.
- The water heater must be installed in accordance with Italisa Water Heater installation instructions, supplied with the water heater, and in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- Where a failed component or water heater is replaced under Warranty, the balance of the Warranty period will remain effective. The replaced part or water heater does not carry a new warranty.
- The warranty only applies to the water heater and original or genuine component replacement parts and therefore does not cover any plumbing or electrical parts supplied by the installer and not an integral part of the water heater e.g. pressure limiting valve, stop cock, non – return valve, electrical switches, pumps or fuse.
- This Warranty becomes null and void if any part of the water heater has been dismantled and re-installed, parts changed or repaired by any person other than an authorized technician or agent of Italisa.
- Warranty for warranty Installed in all other premises (ie: commercial) is limited to 12 months from date of purchase and additional functional control devices such as pressure reducing valve to reduce mains incoming water pressure in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements is required.
- If re-connection of the in-coming power supply wire at ceiling rose/ 3 way connector on the hetaer is required, it will be chargeable.
- Privacy Notice: By filling this application the buyer agrees to the above terms and conditions of the warranty and allows Italisa staff to clarify application as per requirements in Personal Data Protecion Act 2012(PDPA).
- All accessories and installation materials (ie: Shower Set, Stopcock, Check Valves, replacement of false ceiling, etc) is excluded from our warranty.
- Repair and Replacement will be carried out as set out in the Italisa Warranty set out above but the following exclusions may cause the water heater warranty to become void or result in the owner being responsible for a service charge and / or the cost of parts.
a) Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the water heater or any other component, including : acts of God, failure due to misuse, neglect or poor maintenance; incorrect installation; normal wear and tear; corrosion, rusting or stains; attempts to repair the water heater other than by Italisa or its authorized agent;
b) Where it is found that there is nothing wrong with the water heater where the complaint is related to excessive discharge from the safety pressure relief outlet due to high water pressure; where there is no flow of hot water due to faulty plumbing; where water leaks are related to plumbing and not the water heater or water heater components; where there is a failure of gas electricity or water supplies; where hot water appears to be dirty due to residual dirt from installation or incoming source.
c) Where the water heater or water heater component has failed directly or indirectly as a result of excessive water pressure, temperature and / or thermal input or corrosive atmosphere.
d) Where the water heater is located in a position that does not comply with Italisa Water heater installation instructions or relevant statutory requirements, causing the need for dismantling or removal of cupboards, door, walls etc. or use of special equipment to bring the water heater to floor level.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, this Warranty excludes any and all claims for loss or damage suffered through the use of or resulting from the non – operation or ineffective operation of the water heater or any part thereof including loss or damage to furniture, carpets, walls, foundations and property of whatsoever description or any other consequential loss or damage either directly or indirectly due to negligence, loss of use, malfunction, defect, damage, breakdown or leakage from the water heater whatsoever and howsoever arising.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, the liability of Italisa for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from any defects in the water heater supplied (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) or for loss or damage suffered through the use of or resulting from the non – operation or ineffective operation of the water heater or any part thereof shall be limited to the replacement or repair of such water heater or part thereof or to damages not exceeding the invoice value of such water heater at the option of Italisa.
Italisa Fauctes Warranty Terms & Condition
Italisa shall assume this manufacturer’s guarantee towards consumers of Hansgrohe products in addition to the legal guarantee to which the consumer is entitled in relation to the seller. It shall apply without prejudice to mandatory liability regulations, such as those in accordance with the Product Liability Act, in cases of wilful intent and gross negligence, or resulting from loss of life, physical injury or damage to health by Italisa or its agents.
The term “consumer” in this manufacturer’s guarantee shall refer to any natural person who owns the product and has not purchased it for the purpose of resale to or installation for a third party within the scope of its commercial or self-employed professional activities. The term “primary customer” shall mean the consumer who has directly purchased the product from Hansgrohe or a dealer or other natural or legal person who resells or installs the product within the scope of its commercial or self-employed professional activities.
Italisa guarantees consumers that its products are free from material, manufacturing and
design faults. The latest science and technology at the time of manufacture is decisive
in this regard. The defect giving rise to the damage must already have been present
in the product at this time. Claims for the reimbursement of consequential damage or
on the grounds of product liability shall only be valid in accordance with mandatory legal regulations.
This guarantee shall be valid for one years from the purchase date by the primary customer, and for a maximum of two years from the date of manufacture. The guarantee period shall not be extended due to the provision of
services within the scope of this guarantee, especially not in the event of servicing or replacement.
In such cases, the guarantee period shall also not start anew.
Written notification of defects
The consumer shall be entitled to asset the rights from this guarantee by providing Italisa or the dealer from whom the primary customer purchased the product with a written notification of defect within the guarantee period. The consumer must also provide notification of the defect within two months of its detection or the time at which its detection must have been possible. The consumer shall be obliged to prove that the guarantee has not expired (for example, by presenting the primary customer’s purchase receipt).
Italisa shall also be entitled to determine the start of the guarantee period on the basis of the data of manufacture.
Services in the event of a guarantee claim
Italisa shall be entitled to repair or replace the product, or to reimburse the consumer the purchase price.
Usually, the consumer has the faulty product repaired by a specialist on site with the prior agreement of Italisa. In such an event, the guarantee shall cover the free delivery of the necessary spare parts. If Italisa issues a written decision to conduct the maintenance itself, Italisa shall bear any costs that arise for spare parts, installation and labour, as well as any expenses incurred through the transportation or dispatch of the product. The consumer must provide access to the product.
In the event of a replacement, the old product shall be replaced by a new product of the same kind, value and type. If the product in question is no longer manufactured at the time at which the defect is reported, Italisa shall be entitled to supply a similar product. Transport or dispatch to and from Hansgrohe or to and from the dealer, any de-installation and re-installation of the product or any other special measures can only be carried out with the prior agreement of Italisa. If Italisa agrees to the intended measure, Italisa shall bear the costs arising from the measure being conducted. Unless otherwise agreed, the consumer shall undertake to collect the new product from the nearest Italisa dealer.
If Italisa chooses to reimburse the purchase price and confirms this in writing, the consumer shall return the product and Italisa shall reimburse the purchase price paid.
Conditions and exclusions
This guarantee shall only be valid if installation and maintenance have been duly conducted in accordance with the operating instructions and generally accepted engineering practices (e.g. by a master craftsman or authorised specialist), the operating instructions have been complied with and the Italisa products have been used in line with the technical and maintenance instructions provided by Italisa.
This shall include but not be limited to the inlet water pipes being duly flushed, especially prior to the product’s installation or following construction measures in accordance with the valid standards, installation work complying with the appended diagrams and checks being conducted on the compliance of the working pressure in the water mains with technical specifications.
Installation, usage and maintenance instructions are provided with all products and can be found in the box
The guarantee shall not cover:
- Wear to wear and tear parts such as seals;
- Breakage of breakable components such as handel or nuts;
- Slight deviations of the Italisa products from the target quality that do not affect the usability of the product;
- Cleaning, water jets, in particular hot water jets, lime-scale deposits, operating and handling errors, damage caused by aggressive environmental influences, chemicals or detergents;
- Product defects caused by the installation, transportation or test operation of the purchased item;
- Damage caused by the faulty Italisa product;
- Display products and similar.
The guarantee shall not be valid in the event of:
- Non-compliance with the installation, maintenance and usage instructions appended or provided at www.italisaitaly.com;
- Installation, maintenance, repair or servicing by non-qualified persons;
- Product damage caused by the seller, plumber or third persons;
- Damage that can be attributed to normal wear or intentional damage – in the event of negligent damage, contributory negligence shall be offset on agreement;
- Improper installation or commissioning;
- Insufficient or improper maintenance;
- Products that have not been or are not used in line with their intended purpose;
- Damage caused by force majeure or natural disasters, especially but not limited to floods, fires or frost damage.
Non-applicability of the guarantee
If a product defect is not covered by this guarantee, any costs that arise from the dispatch and transportation of the product shall be borne by the consumer. The consumer must also bear any costs, including labour costs, arising from the inspection of the product, as well as the costs of de-installing and re-installing the product.
If, having been informed of the non-applicability of the guarantee and the potential costs that could arise through the servicing activities, the consumer wishes the servicing activities to be conducted, it must also bear the costs of the spare parts and labour.
If the product defect was not present upon delivery, Italisa shall decide on a case-by-case basis whether said defect can be rectified through goodwill. In such cases, the consumer shall not have any legal right to the rectification of the defect.